European Regional Development Fund
PROUD – Environmental Education Centre is located in a reconstructed historical mill standing on the mill-race between the Otava River and a former royal town. The earliest mention of the mill comes from 1462. In the past the building also served as a power station. In 1905, the famous Czech inventor Frantisek Križik installed the first water turbine in town to supply his public arc lamps with electricity here.